With release of PosterJet 8.75 PRO we improved and extended our software once again, adding some new interesting features, performance enhancements, and newest printer plug-ins (drivers). Some of these features are directly accessible in the PosterJet Client, others are built into the Server Tool to increase speed and stability. For more information please contact us directly.
New printer plug-ins
- The following printers are now fully supported in PosterJet 8.75 PRO:
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4100 / PRO-4100S
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-6100 / PRO-6100S
- Epson SureColor SC-S80600
- Epson SureColor SC-S80600L
Windows 10 compability
Already with release of PosterJet 8.7 PRO we were proud to present full Windows 10 compatibility. Since development is always under way, also we have to adjust our software to the newest operating systems or technologies. We did this in version 8.75 PRO to guarantee full functionality on Windows 10.
New features in and around PosterJet
To give our customers an even better overview of all print jobs handled by PosterJet we developed the PosterJet Job Watcher and PosterJet Job Tracker. These two powerful tools allow all users of PosterJet 8.7 PRO to handle and analyze print jobs in more detail, to even further improve the PosterJet experience. We also were able to implement an new way of communication between PosterJet and Canon iPF printers.
- Especially when using numerous Canon iPF printers we were able to reduce the time span between the start of PosterJet and receiving printer information. With this improvement printers in PosterJet go online only a few seconds after startup and are ready to receive print data.
Improved Bidirectional communication with Canon iPF printers
- This new tool gives customers the ability to gain a complete overview over all current print jobs in PosterJet for all printers at the same time. This allows the customer to check all print queues simultaneously without switching between printers. Further more the Job Watcher has plenty of job handling functions.
PosterJet Job Watcher
- The PosterJet Job Tracker provides excellent overview of printed jobs will help you calculate the costs for each individual job. It connects to a given iPF printer and extracts job information for either a certain date or a number of recently printed jobs. If the user provides prices for ink and paper, PosterJet Job Tracker will calculate and display the exact costs for each print job so that you now enjoy a reliable post-production calculation.
PosterJet Job Tracker for certain Canon iPF printers
- In order to better track printed nest jobs, we added a unique nest job ID to the name of each individual nest job. This ID will be displayed in the printer job log once the nest job has been printed.
Nest job tracking
- In PosterJet 8.75 PRO the used database PostGreSQL was updated to version 10. This new database allows PosterJet to run even smoother on older PCs. It is more reliable than the previous version and requires far less resources than for example Microsoft SQL Express Server. We also included a new backup feature into the Admin Tool allowing you to easily back up your database and restore it after a system crash with only minimal intervention.
- In addition we now offer a tool to wipe out the PosterJet database. This can be used to reset the PosterJet database and delete all print jobs. The cleaner will reset the database to its factory status. You can download the tool here.
New database PostGreSQL
- PosterJet 8.75 PRO comes with the latest dongle drivers by Thales®. This package does not only contain drivers for Windows 10 but also fixes a couple of problems on older Windows operating systems.
- Since even we are not perfect, once again we removed several bugs in the current release that came to our attention, in order to further improve stability and increase performance.
Please note that PosterJet comes in 3 different editions supporting large-format printers from 17″ up to 64″.