Important installation instructions – please read carefully before you begin with the installation! For more information please read the PosterJet Support Guide.
- Install PosterJet only locally with Administrator privileges. NEVER install PosterJet via Remote Desktop!
- Deactivate User Account Controls during installation.
Before the installation, make sure the hidden directory “C:\Users\
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESS” is deleted, if it exists (directory may be located somewhere else, depending on Windows operating system, if PosterJet has been installed previously).
- Users without Administrator privileges MUST at least belong to the Power User Group (Standard User privileges are insufficient for running PosterJet).
- In order to successfully print via PosterJet virtual PPD-driver, special user privileges must be provided. Otherwise, jobs will not be forwarded from the Windows Printer Queue to the PosterJet Main or Nest Queue.
- When installing PosterJet under a 64Bit Operating System please make sure that the latest Safenet HASP HL Dongle driver is installed (to be downloaded from Safenet website www.safenet-inc.com). In some cases you must prevent Windows to install an “updated” version of the driver, as the Windows driver ISN’T working at all.
- When installing PosterJet under Microsoft “Internet Information Services” (IIS) on a 64Bit Operating System please make sure to ONLY install the 32Bit Version of PosterJet. The installation of PosterJet under a Server Operating System (e.g. Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008) requires the installation under IIS.
- When using a different TCP/IP-Port than Standard Port 80, the Client needs to be informed that the PosterJet Server uses such different Port (e.g. 81, 82 or 83). Otherwise the Client will not connect to the PosterJet Server after installation.